Women Trampers

1–10 of 12

Just been reading General Discussion Forum. Im a women mid 40's and finding tramping partner difficult. At my age not into getting trollied (Russy 29/3/08) but committments of kids, work, partners, housekeeping, make it difficult to get away. Obviously there are women needing tramping partners as normclimb (29/3/08) has discovered but how fit is fit enough to keep up with you experienced guys.
Join a tramping club. I know quite a few women just like yourself in my club, most a bit more senior than mid 40s. They manage very well and often it is me trying to keep up with them. If you feel you are a bit slower, you need to understand that this is not an issue. I lead lots of Tramping Club trips and my worry is the character who is always shooting on ahead. We will always wait for the slower person and adjust the trip if necessary to make things more pleasant for them.
HI ladies, Im a 30 yr. old woman from BC canada who will be on the south island for the whole month of december 08. i will have a vehicle and want to do some of the classic hikes ie. routeburn, rees/dart ect. with anyone who would like to join me. thanks!
Will you be interested in doing the mount arthur track ( south island south east of nelson)? It will take a full day. I would like to start very early so that we can do it in a day. The heaphy track ( westcoast) is also a possibility. I've got XMAS holidays at the moment en not much planned yet from Sunday 28 Dec-1 Jan. I'm a female as well. Cheers Monique from Nelson
Chocs did you find a tramping partner? I'm also mid 40s, prefer one day or occasional overnight walks, esp. coastal and mostly in the summer(play hockey in winter) So wondering what district you live in?
Hi Summerwalker Were do you live? I'm still looking for a medium fit ( level 2-3) tramping partner for mostly 1 day walks on sundays or during holidays with occasional overnights.
Hi Monique, Sorry I'm not in the South Island- live in Pukekohe. I have a daughter entering the RNZAF woodbourne base this year , so maybe an excuse to travel south sometime in the future :)
Hi. Im planning on joining the Chch Tramping Club as soon as I get my new boots (hopefully this weekend!). Any other women in Chch keen to come along, already belong or keen to just get out there? I did quite a bit of tramping when I was younger (now 32) and been on the odd tramp here and there in the last couple of years but keen to get stuck back in and make it a regular past time this year. Especially before the weather turns and makes a lot of the tracks more technical.
Hi Puddles. Not exactly answering the question you posed but in case you're interested there is a small group of us doing the Rees-Dart tramp in March and we are a mixed group, which, apart from two of us, nobody knows each other, and if you're interested and have the time, you're more than welcome to come along. Just a thought.
Awesome thanks! I will check out the tramp details (length, days, technical difficulty etc) and keep you posted. Cheers :o)
1–10 of 12

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by chocs
On 7 April 2008
Replies 11
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown