South Island March 2011

Looking for tramping companions for South Island tramps in March 2011. I am an experienced, mature, tramper from Australia and have done the Greenstone/Caples, Routeburn and the Rees-Dart within the past couple of years. I have also done Mt Tappy three times. Exact dates yet to be confirmed but most likely mid-March for about 10-14 days. Any suggestions are most welcome.
12 comments
11–12 of 12

Lucky77... Just arrived back in Rotorua. What a great trip. We followed your progress with interest. Did you get out to Rollling River in time for your shuttle? Sorry we talked you onto Haystack and then didn't follow ourselves. Jill and Winston didn't feel confident about it and Sue decided we should go the other way. I think it was the right decision. We watched you get to the top of the Haystack and would have come up to help you down the grotty bit if you had decided to turn back. Hope you enjoyed your trip, even if it was a bit harder than you anticipated.
Hi there! Are you still in NZ, looking for a tramping partner? I'm a french 26 years old traveler, in NZ till the end of april. i have been living in Reunion Island for almost 4 years. Gorgeous place for hiking. I would like to hike 10 days or 15 days in a row in the south island; I was looking to hiking from Otira to Mt Cook Village, or i 'm open to any suggestions. Nice meeting all of you guys ;-) Audrey
11–12 of 12

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by normclimb
On 27 November 2010
Replies 11
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown