Osprey pack repair @ Bivouac

Bought an Osprey Aether 70 backpack at one of the inner city Bivouac stores pre-Quake. Store no longer exists. Model been upgraded. Got to be 15+ years old. Has a hi-tensile machine pressed wire frame along 3 edges of the pack. This got badly munted when I had an accident a year ago, got heli-vaced & had to freight it home with me via Air NZ. Pack was rendered unusable. Insurance would have paid for a replacement, minus an excess & loss of the no-claims bonus & with increased premiums the next review. Would have cost me full price eventually with a reduced insurance cover in the meantime. Got it back from Bivouac today, inside a month, with a replacement wire frame re-stitched into place, for $Zero. Happy days !. https://www.osprey.com/images/article/amg-small.jpg OSPREY'S ALL MIGHTY GUARANTEE Osprey will repair any damage or defect for any reason free of charge – whether it was purchased in 1974 or yesterday. If we are unable to perform a functional repair on your pack, we will happily replace it. We proudly stand behind this guarantee, so much so that it bears the signature of company founder and head designer, Mike Pfotenhauer.
Brilliant service. sick of macpac trying to get out of warranty repairs... I've had a couple of day packs i had to have replaced twice because of corroding zips they told me not to grease the zips and avoid getting them wet !!!! ironically they hadnt been wet ! they changed the model but still put the same crappy corroding zippers on them... I have to explain to teh staff, its an outdoors pack, its not fit for purpose if its corroding, its not till the repair dept escalate it to the designers that they finally agree to repair and that was after they wanted to charge me to ship it back to me unrepaired.... they should pay all costs back to any of their shops.... had a Lowe alpine pack, after a year of just wearing it mainly for walking to and from work, the nylon juset started coming apart...
Good to see some backup service in this day and age. Will definitely be a factor when my current 15 year old pack is up for retirement. On an unrelated note I had similar issues to wayno with some lowa boots earlier this year - lace eyelets started corroding after first trip in them. Managed to get them replaced but new pair are doing the same. Advice at the time was to not grease the eyelets and comment added to avoid getting them wet, I guess $600 is a bit much to wear to the shops on a Sunday... Stuffed if I know what to do after the warranty palava last time, might just get the tin of beeswax out...
1 deleted post from kimjoongsik131

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by Pro-active
On 4 June 2020
Replies 2
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown