Tarptent moment dw

So two questions. First has anyone had this tent. What was good or bad about it? Second if I buy this tent but have it sent to my uncles california address and he then sends it to me as a gift will I avoid duty tax? Cheers
11 comments
11–11 of 11

@Gaiters Hi, Can't provide any useful comment on tops use as I haven't had it up there yet. Have had it in some windy situations, one in particular on a beach front. Calm when I pitched, horrendous blow came in during night. Had it set up so that when I opened the fly the wind rocketed in and the back end acted like a sail and just about took off. It was a bit of an extra scramble to fasten a couple of extra guys, but it stood up well enough. The saving grace in some part was due to the fact that its a two part set up for inner and outer, and as such there is a bit more of a gap between the outer fly and the ground, thus a lot of the pressure had an escape point. Obviously that doesn't suit all people as it can become a bit more draughty in some circumstances. I have found it helps to avoid condensation, and I sleep very hot so am thankful for a bit more air flow. So far it has done well for me in various situations up to the bushline. I do have the extra pole that runs full length, the intention of which was to provide for added snow loading, I have found it also helps with windy conditions. You can get a high sided inner if the low sided version that I have is too draughty. As mentioned I have the double version for the reasons mentioned, and on a solo trip with the single inner section it does feel as if I have a hell of a lot of space to rattle around in.
11–11 of 11

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by Gaiters
On 30 September 2019
Replies 10
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown