water proof over trousers

Can anyone recommend a brand? I am looking for hard wearing, suitable for pulling on over boots and gaiters.
15 comments
11–15 of 15

Hi people, I ended up getting Patagonia brand from Trek n Travel in Hamilton, they got a good workout on Middle Range in the Kaimaniwa's recently. They rain repelled of them really well and were very comfortable and light to wear.
Outdoor Research water proof pants are great. They have a zip down the side of each leg so that you can take them off and put them back on quickly without having to take off boots and gaiters. They are light weight but very durable. Earth Sea Sky do a good range of water proof pants which are durable. Arcteryx are also a very respectable brand with the amount of good gear which has been proven to last a long time and be very comfortable but very durable. Due to the brand their products will be a bit pricier but its because their products are incredible. They put a lot of thought into the clothing they make.
"afokkens" do you work for Earth Sea Sky or sell their product? If so you should disclose it; I take with a grain of salt manufacturers or sales-persons recommendations after dissapointments with Goretex clothing and various boot brands that had strong endorsements but failed performance & durability tests in the field. However I'll pay close attention to any user recommendations especially if I know the person concerned & the type of country the gear was used in. I've heard Earth Sea Sky have some good gear but haven't trialed any because it seems too pricey. By the way I don't work for any outdoor equipment company or on sell their gear!
ARCTERYX PRODUCTS ARENT PRICEY BECAUSE THEIR PRODUCTS ARE ANY BETTER THAN SEVERAL OTHER BRANDS ITS BECAUSE THEY LIKE CHARGING A PREMIUM because people are willing to pay that much for them.... the north face, outdoor research, mountain equipment. are all about as good. made os the same fabric, plus more brands readily available overseas
Check out the Cactus Lifty. It appears from their website that this line is about to be discontinued so stock may be limited. I bought a pair a couple of months ago and they are great. Not Goretex but a high quality nylon fabric and very durable.
11–15 of 15

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by Kokako
On 22 August 2010
Replies 14
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown