Bull Creek Hut

Arthur's Pass National Park

Hut near the confluence of Bull Creek and the Cox River. Constructed in 1954 by George Boyd and Jack Elcock under direction of Internal Affairs the hut replaced a tent camp deer cullers had been using. Rebuilt in 1993 by Brian Taylor and two others after it had become delapidated. In 2015-16 members of Malvern Branch, New Zealand Deerstalkers Association, re-roofed, repaired and repainted the hut, added onto the chimney and capped it as well as building a new woodshed and constructing and installing a new toilet from Outdoor Recreation Consortium Funds.

Bunks of Bull Ck • By Honora. Licence: cc by-sa.
Key information
Owner
Owner: DOC . Maintained by NZDA.
Category
Basic Hut/Bivvy
Sleeps
Sleeps 4
4
Facilities
Toilet, Open fireplace
Water supply
Natural water source
Bull Creek 100 metres away
Getting there
Getting there
Low water route ONLY through MacArthurs Gorge from the Poulter valley. Down river from Roche Pass and the head of the Cox River valley. Down from Candlesticks Biv up Bull Creek. Through Mt White Station from Lochinvar Hut
Unlocked
This hut is unlocked and open to access.
Bookings
No bookings — open access
No — open access
Other
Altitude
660m
Mobile phone coverage
No coverage
Maps
NZTopo50-BV21
Map
ID 8790

About this hut

Added 9 October 2013 by MatthewMatthew. 5 revisions, most recently 24 April 2017 by CraigebenCraigeben.
100 views in the past year (8 per month).