St Winifreds Hut

Te Kahui Kaupeka Conservation Park

Iron hut owned by the Canterbury Mountaineering Club. The hut was built in 1959 to replace the old Havelock Hut. The hut is well fitted out with radio, lighting, water, and a chip heater.

Key information
Owner
Owner: Canterbury Mountaineering Club
Category
Standard Hut
Sleeps
Sleeps 9
9
Facilities
Mountain radio, Toilet, Enclosed wood/coal burner
Water supply
Tap or tank water
Getting there
Getting there
Via Erewhon or Mesopotamia Stations. Call for permission.
Unlocked
This hut is unlocked and open to access.
Bookings
No bookings — open access
No — open access

Fees are $5 per night payable to the CMC.

Other
Altitude
890m
Mobile phone coverage
No coverage
Maps
NZTopo50-BW17
Link
www.cmc.net.nz/hu...http://www.cmc.net.nz/huts/st_winifreds_hut
Map
ID 8762

About this hut

Added 5 September 2013 by MatthewMatthew. 2 revisions, most recently 3 April 2017 by MatthewMatthew.
96 views in the past year (8 per month).