Bruce Banfield Memorial Hut

First built in 1946 in the Jagged Stream basin as a memorial to Bruce Banfield who died below White Col. The hut was destroyed by avalanche three years later, and rebuilt in 1950 in the current position.


Key information
Owner
Owner: Canterbury Mountaineering Club
Category
Standard Hut
Sleeps
Sleeps 6
6
Facilities
Toilet
Water supply
No water
Getting there
Getting there
Through Lake Heron or Glenfalloch Stations. Call in advance for access permission.
Unlocked
This hut is unlocked and open to access.
Bookings
No bookings — open access
No — open access

Payment details here: http://www.cmc.net.nz/huts

Other
Altitude
740m
Mobile phone coverage
No coverage
Maps
NZTopo50-BW18
Map
ID 8621

About this hut

Added 3 June 2013 by MatthewMatthew. 1 revision 3 April 2017 by MatthewMatthew.
70 views in the past year (6 per month).