Riordans Hut

An historic hut located on the Lockett Range above the Takaka River. The hut was constructed in 1926 as a sheep mustering base hut by the Riordan brothers. It was abandoned in the 1950s, and gradually fell into disrepair. The hut was restored 2003 by Max Polglaze and John Taylor.

Riordons Hut • By andyc. Licence: C.
Key information
Owner
Owner: DOC
Category
Basic Hut/Bivvy
Sleeps
Sleeps 3
3
Facilities
Toilet, Open fireplace
Water supply
No water
Getting there
Getting there
Kill Devil (Waingaro) Track from Uruwhenua Road, Uruwhenua.
Unlocked
This hut is unlocked and open to access.
Bookings
No bookings — open access
No — open access
Other
Altitude
830m
Mobile phone coverage
No coverage
Maps
NZTopo50-BP24
Link
www.doc.govt.nz/p...http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-stay/backcountry-huts-by-region/nelson-tasman/golden-bay/riordans-hut/
Map
ID 7345

About this hut

Added 27 September 2011 by iangeorgeiangeorge. 1 revision 6 March 2014 by matthewmatthew.
80 views in the past year (7 per month).