Wooded Gully - Pinchgut Hut
Pinchgut Hut via Mount Thomas summit, Forrestdale Road, and Whare Stream
Track • 2 days. Medium. Loop track.
A circuit route following the original track that goes to Pinchgut Hut from the Forestry block on the north face of Mt Thomas.
Bob's Camp Bivvy
Track • 1 – 2 days. Easy/medium. Loop track.
An easy day or overnight walk through beech forest and along easy ridges to a cute and comfortable biv.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.