A temporary four-stamper in Blue Creek near Mount Owen. A quartz reef was discovered here in 1870 by Alfred Culliford. The reef yielded just 10 ounces of gold from 149 tons of quartz, and was closed within a year.
glennj This is well worth a look! There are various other gold mining relics in the vicinity too including other battery remains. The Blue Creek resurgence which was once dammed to channel water in to a water race for goldmining purposes is also close by.
28 May 2019
About this photograph
Added 16 January 2015 by matthewmatthew. No revisions.
All rights reserved
56 views in the past year (5 per month).