Abel Tasman Ride Share? 23-26 Dec '14

Hi all. We are walking the AT coastal walk on the above dates from Marahau to Totaranui and are wondering if anyone is driving back from Totaranui to Marahau on (or about) the 26th? Just need space for one person (no gear) to return to pick up our vehicle. Happy to chip in for fuel cost. (Alternatively, we could do some kind of shuttle arrangement after meeting up at Marahau). We are open to (sensible;) suggestions. Thanks.
get the water taxi back like everyone else
It's possible to go back via the inland track too. Quite pleasant. I think it takes 2 days to do. There is some cool sub-alpine vegetation and decent huts on the way.
I live around the corner and know the area. Don't bother with road travel back, takes 2.5 to 3 hours. Just get a water taxi back like waynowski says. There are zillions coming and going all the time. If, however you want to check out Golden Bay then send the driver back by water taxi and they can drive back over. Be aware that after Xmas there is often NO accommodation available in Golden Bay unless you are booked. I've only done the Inland Track once as I found it so boring! If you enjoy endless bush with hardly any views then go for it, if not, don't! Mind you I was biased by the endless mud after heavy rain.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Louise2u
On 3 December 2014
Replies 3
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown