Beginners and newbies

101–109 of 109

You need carry sufficient shelter that would enable you to survive until you are found/evacuated by Search and Rescue people if you are injured. If you break a leg and get hypothermia, this becomes so ...
Have a good study on the net about what you need to know about choosing a boot that fits well e.g. some people have a low volume foot and others have a high volume foot. ...
I did this trip a while back and enjoyed it. Moa Park has sub-alpine vegetation which is unusual for such a low altitude. The huts were good. We eschewed the Abel Tasman track itself and ...
Regarding getting information on who owns what land: Freshmap do a Cadastral map add on. I think it cost me around $100 for the South Island and I had to double my RAM. It's good ...
Apparently it's the seventh steepest climb in the Tararuas (according to some old codger I met once)
1 2
No worries I'll post it in tracks and routes as soon as i get a chance.
Hi everyone. Flying from Milford Sound to Matin's Bay early next March. Any suggestions about flights, or is there just Fiordland Air?
The info I am after is the section: Ignimbrite Saddle - Junction Top - Waipakihi Hut. Is there a passable trail? Is it possible to take a helicopter to fly from trailend (Kaimanawa Road) to trailhead ...
I am of interest in the loop: Holdsworth - Mid Waiohine - Maungahuka - Mt Hector - Southern Crossing - Kaitoke Holdsworth. How many days will it be for a slow tramper (just wanting to ...
101–109 of 109

Search the forums

Beginners and newbies Everything you always wanted to know about tramping but were afraid to ask.
Topics 109
Posts 1,222
Top contributors
Permanent link