Whats everyone got planned?

I know that we have had this type of thread before but I figure seen as there isnt much happening on this website at the moment I just thought I would ask what everyone is up to, Have ya got anything planned for the weekend or training ya self up for a big tramp during the summer? Just thought I would see what everyones up to, its good to read about other peoples tramping trips plus it also gives ya a few ideas for tramping trips of your own.
341 comments
301–310 of 341

Central North island some of the short walks around Ruapehu and a night in Zeke's hut to finish Friday and Saturday.
Keen to do the Craigieburn Moonlight traverse. Arriving in Canterbury next wednesday. Still a full moon. May have to recce for a day best determine conditions. Has anyone done this? Mt.Olympus skifield onto the range and following around to Mt.Enys to drop back down to the Ryton valley.
Going to Top Maropea and Waikamaka huts via Te Atuaoparapara,last time we tried it a blizzard forced us back.
Got as far as Sunrise but galeforce winds and clag meant we couldnt go any further,oh well another time.
queens birthday weekend is always such a hit and miss time for the weather, i dont get very ambitious around this time of year anymore...
2 deleted posts from rose10170914
Planned a trip around the Holdsworth-Jumbo loop in the Tararuas with my 9 yo daughter over Queens Birthday on the basis of a reasonable weather forecast and her desire to knock off a trip she's wanted to do for a couple of years. Got to Powell Hut on Sat evening with over 30 occupants that night. The wind and cloud next morning weren't very pleasant for a 9 yo kid so we headed down to Atiwhaktu hut. The next day the sun came out and the wind died down and it was a very relaxed 2 hour walk eating the leftover chocolate back to the Holdsworth carpark. It was really great to see a number of families with young kids out tramping.
I'm off to to do the Fraser Island great walk just off the coast of Queensland on Saturday 4 days walking on sand WooHoo Lindsay
I hope you get sand-bite on your toes:)Watch out for dingos!
..and tourists
... driving like crazy in rented 4WD's
301–310 of 341

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Jono51
On 24 September 2009
Replies 340
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown