The campfire

1,326–1,350 of 1,476

Be careful what you ask for; the hut might be prettier!
Thanks! Hope you all have a good break and fun trips.
Thanks Luke! That's the one I was looking for. Atomic. The LP guide and all the other sources cite southern link and other setups that apparently no longer go via Lewis Pass. The train is easy ...
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmass and a happy New year Lindsay
OK that's all deleted. I am working on ways to stop the spammers. We just can't have this. Here's what I've been doing (not rolled out yet): 1) a way for you to flag spam Here's what I'm ...
Even to prop up a fly?
1 2 3 4
THANKS
Whatever you do, just keep taking the pills, at least until you return from the twilight zone!
Hi guys, I'm new here and thought I'd share one of my recent trips with you all. From November 28-Dec 4 myself and 18 other high school students from around the South Island went on a ...
Ive encountered Kea on every alpine trip Ive done in Fiordland and Mt Aspiring. Go above the bushline for a day or 2 and you are bound to at least hear them if not see ...
Added a day trip and another overnight trip plus photos. www.freewebs.com/hellmission/ cheers
The fit is my first priority.Determine which is your bigger foot. Loosen the laces, push your toes to the front and try for a snug finger between your heel and the back of the boot. ...
You make a good point with the 1000m climb, there are plenty of those around and most don't have a $35 hut fee or a crowd at the top. No matter how fit you are, my ...
Yea I attempted it at the beginning of winter but only got about an hour up the riverbed before weather turned nasty and had to go back out, wasnt to bad rock hopping just really ...
I doubt very much that you would get mobile coverage in there
I agree with Yarmoss i think it is one of the best walks ive done,a short 3 days,Alpine views,good huts and i had a swim in Lake McKenzie down from the hut it was COLD ...
I am sure the hut book will be the first thing to get retrieved.
IM HAveing issues setting it up i keep getting "photos not available" in the configure screen ? never had this before any clues whats wrong
Ive driven past it... It looked a nice spot, the chalets seamed... errr... rustic. There were heaps of people staying there though.
I have just heard that there is a developer beginning work on a new heliport in Franz Josef. This new heliport will have helicopters flying though the Callery and Tatare valleys from the Franz valley. ...
I have a friend coming from the UK - who does a lot of hill walking mountaineering and want to introduce him to NZ tramping. Looking for a medium-hard (willing to do 8-12 hour days ...
Fake signs may drop Routeburn walkers into the brown stuff By SHANE COWLISHAW - The Southland Times Last updated 05:00 13/11/2009 Share Print Text Size A HEAVY DUTY TO WEAR: A bogus Department of Conservation sign asking people to wear ...
hey man good story, gutting about the hole blacking out thing though, would have freaked your old man out. Have you done kiritaki hut yet? me and a mate are going up there prob the ...
The local DOC office down your way will have a copy of the park map printed on water resistant paper (?) better quality than the first map i bought.
Right, now for a bit of a report. It was a great trip. We drove down to Kuripapango on Thursday evening. The other car went earlier than us and got caught in a snow flurry ...
1,326–1,350 of 1,476

Search the forums

The campfire General talk.
Topics 1,476
Posts 20,718
Top contributors
Permanent link