Gear talk

151–175 of 654

With the msr version look at the Reactor. It uses a catalytic element instead of a flame and theoretically produces less carbon monoxide
Bivouac had a "20% off" promotion. Scored the kettle/pot combo, which was already cheaper than buying each seperately. Kettle sits flat inside the flattened pot. For the record, as a guide, if you pop-up ...
""A “floating” backpack may make hiking a tad easier on your back. The HoverGlide is a backpack that bounces up and down as you walk with the help of a sliding rail and pulley suspension ...
Grinning
I sometimes see these canisters abandoned in huts. And no one else wants them.
Thumbs up
my understanding is fosamax, kills the bone... it can stop further osteoporosis but the bone can't repair itself from further damage either.
1 2 3
Thumbs up Grinning
Thanks Honora - I bought an ESS jacket at the recent welly sale, but couldnt also afford the pants they had there for about $200. I was lucky - someone returned a new pair of ...
The above guy doesn't have an invested interest in orthofeet at all hahaha.
1 2
Thumbs up
Yeah, I'd agree with Gaiters post, if there's chance feet are likely to stay dry I'd use my Crocs for the crossing, like I did with the estuary crossing at Awaroa on the Abel Tasman ...
1 2 3
Thumbs up Heart
I dont have an issue with goretex linings - they seem to help my boots dry out a bit faster but then again I try to avoid major wet-feet trips. I have been on trips ...
Thumbs up
I can see why Earth Sea Sky wouldn't be held to ransom and chose Milair (Reflex-type of breathable membrane).
1 2
Thats why the first line is a disclaimer. Still might work though on a cheap junk coat. Sil nylon is very waterproof on tents although it doesnt have a long life
1 2
Third thumbs up for Arcteryx Atom - I've been climbing with ice coating the outside of my Atom, and stayed warm. I use an Alpha SL hardshell as a windbreaker/light rain jacket (it wets out ...
1 2
Thumbs up
CRKT Folts neck knife. Minimalist so light weight, cheap but sharp, and comfortable handle. Has a couple of point styles so you can pick the one that suits your intended use best.
1 2
Thumbs up
I actually found one made by a Korean company it's a blanket weighs 350g and stays heated for 9 hours charge by a simply battery charger.
1 2 3 4
Grinning Thumbs up
meant to say rubber grip; practical & more durable than cork.
I use Gecko Guard developed by Earth Sea Sky to restore the DWR. I think a $25 bottle did around 3 treatments. The clothes dryer also helps recondition DWR but Waynowski probably has more info ...
I have plenty of shirts in merino wool from macpac...they are awesome!!I cant complain about anything.
1 2 3
Thumbs up
Had issues once with a headlight malfunction.The dealer said it pays to use good quality alkaline batteries whereas I was buying the scotsmans' price variety.Took his advice & no problems since.
1 2
Thumbs up
Frank, I did carry the bladder in a front pocket, with a shortened tube, and it does work. However, for me at least, I can access the bottle just as easily - the drinking one in ...
1 2
Thumbs up
I carry both a PLB and an inReach +. InReach is to keep home informed, and as a GPS. The SOS feature wasn’t a factor for me. Last trip, pulled out the inReach to see ...
Thumbs up
what i've seen in boots, the gore tex is just a sock membrane with a knitted open nylon tricot covering on either side of the gore tex, the same as the inside of a three ...
montbell is a Japanese brand so sizes will be smaller
1 2 3
Sorry fdi4r978fg, hadn't seen your question: "In terms of quality and comfort would you recommend it?" Definitely. I use it all the time even when helping with pest control, where we definitely take rough paths/bush whack. ...
1 2
Interesting. They've had a lot of endorsements e.g. Ray Goldring and Aarn Tate. My brother has a set and does some hard-arse trips in tiger country with them. Though he says poles slow him down. ...
1 2 3
Thumbs up
A few updates on my experience with inreach. The smartphone app that goes with it has become somewhat buggy since garmin took over from delorme. Had it fail a few times over the last 2 ...
1 2
Thumbs up
151–175 of 654

Search the forums

Gear talk Gear lists, reviews, advice, maintenance.
Topics 654
Posts 8,839
Top contributors
Permanent link