Huia loop walk - Waitakere Ranges
Track • 0 – 1 day. Easy/medium. Loop track.
Ok this is another goodie, 3-4 hours walk in young kauri forest with a view of the Manukau Harbour mouth and a great waterfall on the way - take your togs! A good introduction to tramping for your ...
Track • 4 – 6 days. Medium. One way.
A spectacular coastal walk in the Waitakere Ranges west of Auckland.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.