Track • 1 – 2 days. Easy. Loop track.
Brief coastal walk at the mouth of Manukau Harbour, south of Auckland.
Track • Easy. One way.
Omanawanui is the best track in the whole of the Waitakere Ranges with fantastic views of the Manukau Harbour and Auckland City, Awhitu Peninsula, and Whatipu Beach. Almost never gets muddy underfoot.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.