Ngapotiki Hut Sunrise
South Coast Track: Cape Palliser to Ngapotiki Hut
Track • Easy. Return via same track.
An easy day or overnight trip along the North Island's South Coast track from Cape Palliser to Ngapotiki Hut. This is an easy walk for all levels of ability along a track which is open (at tim...
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.