Travers Peak - Trovatore - Henry Saddle
Track • 2 days. Medium. Loop track.
An interesting circuit exploring the alpine tops around Lewis Pass.
Track • 1 – 2 days. Medium. Return by the same track.
A short climb onto the tops at Lewis Pass, providing panoramic views of the area. With camping on the valley floor nearby, the Lewis Tops are ideal for both day and overnight adventures.
Foleys Creek Track - Travers Peak
Track • 1 day. Medium. Return via same track.
A poled route to the summit of Travers Peak near Lewis Pass
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.