Track • 4 – 6 days. Medium. One way.
A spectacular coastal walk in the Waitakere Ranges west of Auckland. ALOT OF THIS TRAIL IS CLOSED FOR KAURI DIE BACK PREVENTION. CHECK DOC TO SEE WHICH SECTIONS ARE STILL OPEN
Goldies Bush - Mokoroa Stream Circuit
Track • Easy/medium. Loop track.
An excellent loop route through Goldies Bush Scenic Reserve, exploring both damp and dry forest, and visiting a waterfall.
Te Henga Walkway - from Bethells Beach, Waitakere
Track • Easy. Return via same track.
Ok. Are you ready to be blown away? Maybe literally - choose your day! Take this one as seriously as you like (run or tramp), with generous portions of ocean and beach. A great one for trampy n...
Montana Heritage Trail- Waitakere Ranges
Track • Easy. Loop track.
A beaut walk in kauri forest, from the Cascades carpark. A good introductory tramp in a half day. Take your niece or nephew. Hug a kauri tree, ogle a dam. There's some interpretation info along the...
Goldie Bush Walkway
Track • Easy. One way.
A brief trail through dry kauri forest.
Mokoroa Stream Track
Track • Easy/medium. One way.
A lush forest trail criss-crossing the Mokoroa Stream and leading to the foot of the Mokoroa Falls.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.