Track • 2 days. Easy/medium. One way.
A quiet track climbing alongside the Caples River through forest and grassy flats and over a sub-alpine saddle.
Scott Saddle route (Dart to Caples)
Track • 1 – 2 days. Medium. One way.
This route crosses the easiest pass from the Dart to Caples Valleys, via Scott Creek, Scott Saddle and Kay Creek to Upper Caples Hut (13.5km) and Mid Caples Hut (20.5km). The route can be combined...
lake rere track
Track • Easy. Loop track.
simple half day track aroundlake rere. this is a easy track but no wheel chair access. the lake is cool but the sandflys are annoying
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.