Mangapurua Valley - Bridge to Nowhere Track
Track • 2 – 3 days. Easy/medium. One way.
Historic track between the Whakahoro and Mangapurua landings on the Whanganui River. From Whakahoro it follows the Kaiwhakauka stream until the base of the road to the Mangapurua Trig and the Ruat...
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.