St James Walkway
Track • 5 days. Easy/medium. One way.
A long and easy walk on St James Station near Lewis Pass. Beech forest, mountain scenery, farmland, wild horses, mud.
Track • 2 – 3 days. Medium. Loop track with a road section.
This highly recommended valley not far from the highway west of the Lewis pass, is accessible to most people with a bit of tramping experience and a lot of common sense. The full traverse of the cr...
Cannibal Gorge, Ada Pass
Track • 2 days. Easy. Return via same track.
An easy overnighter through the pretty bush of Cannibal Gorge and on to the alpine views of Ada Pass.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.