Greenstone / Caples Tracks
Track • 4 days. Easy/medium. Loop track.
The Greenstone and Caples Tracks are often linked together to form a circuit from the shores of Lake Wakatipu. Long valleys and good huts.
Track • 2 – 3 days. Easy. One way.
A famous, easy track along red tussock river flats.
lake rere track
Track • Easy. Loop track.
simple half day track aroundlake rere. this is a easy track but no wheel chair access. the lake is cool but the sandflys are annoying
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.