Track • 2 days. Medium. One way.
This classic route from Cass to Cora Lynn Road circles the Black Range to form an open loop, and a grand tour of Craigieburn Forest Park.
Track • 1 day. Easy/medium. One way.
From the car park at the east end of the Cass road bridge, follow the vehicle track next to the row of pine trees until it meets Cass River. Follow the riverbed upstream, you will need to cross the...
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.