Mt Richardson loop
Track • 1 day. Easy. Loop track.
Climb up steadily on a well-made track through tawhai forest and up to Mt Richardson (1047 metres). At the top you get great views of the Puketeraki and Torlesse ranges one side, and across the Can...
Ryde Falls from Coopers Creek
Track • Easy. Return via same track.
Easy forest walk to a pretty waterfall with a nearby campsite.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.