Track • 3 – 4 days. Medium. One way.
Joins onto Wangapeka Track.
Track • 1 day. Medium. Loop track.
A track leading to the summit of Lodestone, a peak north of the popular Mt Arthur. The easiest route follows the 4WD track from the Flora carpark to Flora Hut. Here the track to Lodestone turns nor...
Mt Arthur Hut
Track • 0 – 2 days. Easy/medium. Loop track.
Easy loop to a hut at the bushline of the Arthur Range.
Flora Hut Walk
Track • Easy. Return by the same track.
Easy walk over Flora Saddle to Flora Hut. This is a good family walk, but the hut is basic. There is ample space for camping.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.