Lonely Lake to Adelaide Tarn - High Route
Track • 1 – 2 days. Hard. One way.
single day traverse including 2 exposed sections involving non-technical rock climbing or descents dependent on direction of travel
Lonely Lake to Adelaide Tarn - Low Route
Track • 1 – 2 days. Medium/hard. One way.
A single day route from one beautiful lake to another involving travel in the Anatoki river to the saddle south of Adelaide Tarn which avoids scrub bashing.
Lonely Lake - Fenella Hut
Track • Medium. One way.
11km route along the Douglas Range from Lonely Lake Hut to Fenella Hut
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.