Silver Peaks-Jubilee Hut
Track • 1 – 2 days. Easy/medium. One way.
This is probably the easiest way to get to Jubilee Hut from Dunedin. There is a shorter route up Christmas Creek from Hindon but involves a longer road journey
Silver Peaks Route
Track • 1 day. Medium. One way.
Route in the Silver Peaks range from Jubliee Hut to Mountain Road via ABC Cave and Philip J Cox Memorial Hut.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.