Casey Saddle - Poulter River - Binser Saddle
Track • 2 – 3 days. Easy/medium. Loop track with a short road section.
A brief circuit crossing one open saddle and one bush saddle in the southeastern corner of Arthur's Pass National Park. The very popular recently built Casey Hut allows accommodation half way in th...
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.