Mangamako - Casino Biv - Waihua
Track • 2 – 3 days. Medium. Loop track with a road section.
The Ureweras by the Ikiwhenua Range near Galatea are good tramping country but rarely visited by trampers. The country is similar to the Whirinaki. The tracks are well marked and the huts well main...
Track • 4 – 5 days. Medium. One way.
A Long gold trail following a series of river valleys.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.