Harman Pass - Taipo River - Kelly Saddle
Track • 3 – 5 days. Medium/hard. One way.
A long journey through the west of Arthur's Pass National Park.
Hunts Creek Track
Track • 2 days. Medium. Return via same track.
Rough travel to a small, tidy hut. Better walked as part of a circuit.
Kelly Range - Hunts Saddle Circuit
Track • 2 – 3 days. Medium/hard. Return by the same track.
A challenging circuit route traversing the Kelly Range and returning along Kelly's Creek. The direction described is the easiest option.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.