Pudding Hill Stream Route
Track • 1 day. Medium. One way.
Unmarked route along Pudding Hill Stream in Mount Hutt Forest. Combine this route with the Scotts Saddle Track for an interesting circuit.
Alder Track / Ridge Track / Scotts Saddle Track circuit
Track • Easy/medium. Loop track.
A loop track in forest at the foot of Mount Hutt. Several variations are available.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.