legal blah blah blah

This thread branched from "great walks fees for foreigners up to double price" on . Explore the branch.

It's a lawyer's question but I think arguably you would be able to make money from a video or photo shot in a National Park, as long as you weren't there with commercial intent. Here's the Conservation Act's explanation of when a concession is required, which is also referenced by the National Parks Act. In summary you need a concession for everything you do, *unless* you're undertaking a recreational activity without specific gain or reward. Plus a few other things. But does that mean you cannot sell something you earlier made for recreation purposes? How about people who get a job as a consequence of fitness that was enhanced by recreation in a National Park?

The intent is what matters. Taking a photo then some time later selling it is no different to giving that photo to someone else who sells it. I dont know if wilderness mag has a concession for its photos

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tracks, routes, and huts
Started by izogi
On 6 September 2017
Replies 1
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Images ![](URL/of/image) ![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown