Blogs

This thread branched from "Training!" on . Explore the branch.

Blogs. The answer is blogs. Cross between forum & artical. Only OP can post but there is a commments thread down the side. So people know it is not a discussion but a monologue they can comment on. And we know Matthew"s got all the free time in the world to implement my every whim what with family, work, tramping, ...
yup, this is a forum. this format invites a dialogue. which means if you just want a monologue , the format isnt suited to that and you could end up at odds with what you want.
I phrased it jokingly because I'm reluctant to suggest @Matthew should take on any more than he already has. But I truly believe that a single location housing multiple tramping blogs would be a wonderful resource. I know there are various blogs scattered out there, but to go out and scan through them looking for new posts ... well that only ever happens if I'm at a lose end and tied to a computer - which these days in thankfully rare. Whereas if there were several were in one spot, and you could see at a glance who'd posted something new, then I'd check & read them much more - as often as I do these forums. The real question is would people use them? Or has everyone who would blog about tramping already found an alternative location to do so?
I know many members already have their own tramping blogs...how about pulling those rss feeds into a single stream to browse?
blogger that ha ha ha, couldnt resist, sounds like a good idea..
Izogi has a good one

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by madpom
On 19 August 2017
Replies 5
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown