Knives

I generally take my ESEE 6 with me. What do you take?
25 comments
11–20 of 25

If you did that in Houston no one would even notice. Probably wouldnt even notice if you didnt have the rifle bag. As for carrying knives the Police wont check you without a reason so you could carry a knife pretty much all the time as long as you dont flaunt it or get up to other anti social things. However dont take it onto a plane. Airport security guards all have vast knife collections all confiscated
Hunting trip and catching the train? How are you going to haul 100lb of venison home on a train? I take a Swiss army overseas with my tramping pack when tramping overseas. Forgot it was in my carry on and got chucked in the confiscation bin in Peru. Gutted.
Had a no1 leghold trap confiscated at Queenstown. hadn't unpacked properly after work ... was ok from Wellington to ZQN but for the return they wouldn't take it as carryon. Afraid i'd attempt to trap the pilot or something I guess ...
@gaiters I would have drove back home if my flaming truck hadnt been broken into and tyres slashed - lucky I didnt catch anything I suppose otherwise I would have been effed
@madpom youd think they would give you a initial warning for the first time - not completely confiscate it
@Keil where were you parked?
@Scottie Kaitoke (Marchant road past the camp)
Bugger. I've never had an issue there or heard of issues. I haven't left one overnight there though.
@Scottie the usual rule is that if you HAVE to leave your car parked at an over night car park, leave your doors unlocked as its better for someone to leave your car undamaged and steal stuff than have them force their way in
Kaitoke was that the old or new car park. The old park was pretty much only leave your car overnight if it wasnt yours or you didnt want it any more for many years. Everyone used to pay for parking at the youth camp. Doc created a new car park within sight of the camp and share one of the camps tracks to get onto the original track. I hadnt heard of problems there.
11–20 of 25

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by [Deleted]
On 19 September 2016
Replies 24
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown