Website updates, June 2016

A series of updates are on the way and will be delivered progressively. 1) the site is now full time HTTPS, in line with modern web standards. This means that information sent to and from the site is fully encrypted. Still to come: 2) The Track Finder geolocation feature was disabled for HTTP in the latest Chrome browser. Now that the site is HTTPS, that feature is back. 3) Search has been rebuilt. The interface is new. You can also search your favourites or your contributions. This will be developed further in time. 4) Many bug fixes.
25 comments
11–20 of 25

Having the same problem as Geeves on my iPhone 6+ (running latest iOS). Advanced search buttons appearing over top LH side of every page. Have deleted the phone's version of the browser cache (website data) to no avail..
Hi Matthew, I am unable to upload photos (using Chrome). Have tried clearing my cache but that didn't seem to work. I get the following error: The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error. Please contact the website administrator. The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes. Error Occurred While Processing Request Element PATHS is undefined in FORM. The error occurred in C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tramperconz/whio/view/editobject/form/action.cfm: line 107 Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tramperconz/whio/view/editobject/form/action.cfm: line 1 Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tramperconz/whio/view/editobject/form.cfm: line 171 Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tramperconz/whio/dsp_traditional.cfm: line 141 Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tramperconz/index.cfm: line 5 105 : 106 : 107 : 108 : 109 : Resources: Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax. Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem. Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.84 Safari/537.36 Remote Address 210.54.120.63 Referrer http://tramper.nz/?view=editobject&class=photograph Date/Time 14-Jun-16 12:51 PM Stack Trace at cfaction2ecfm1837760123._factor37(C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tramperconz/whio/view/editobject/form/action.cfm:107) at cfaction2ecfm1837760123.runPage(C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tramperconz/whio/view/editobject/form/action.cfm:1) at cfform2ecfm1068960964.runPage(C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tramperconz/whio/view/editobject/form.cfm:171) at cfdsp_traditional2ecfm1140220674.runPage(C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tramperconz/whio/dsp_traditional.cfm:141) at cfindex2ecfm1699521676.runPage(C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tramperconz/index.cfm:5)
I cant see any option to upload photos and my photos i've uploaded dont display in a list, i get a small empty box. chrome.
Hi, photo upload should be fixed. Photos on profile should be fixed. Note that to upload you need to go... Menu > Contribute > Add photograph Unintuitive I know. It's on the list. You can search your photos using the search icon above and opening the advanced panel. People who have been having funny layouts due to script caching, I should have fixed that too. Sorry -- quite a few issues with this roll out.
@matthew: photos in articals still broken. See my kaikoura-karamea for an example. Not sure if that bug's on your list.
Thanks Matthew. I really appreciate the work you put in to maintain and improve this website!
Hi Mathew. I second what Briar has to say. It must be a substatial commitment to keep the site up and running. Are you also the person behind "Maps Past" if so, double thanks from me
@mantis I think maps past is a @madpom production.
Yes. Think mapspast might have a bit more finessed professional look if @Matthew was responsible!
Great stuff @madpom I use Maps Past all the time
11–20 of 25

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 11 June 2016
Replies 24
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown