Christmas to Eve [Journey]

1–10 of 13

Thread closed

This thread was closed by matthew.
Hey, Does someone else rather than me would like to plan a journey from Christmas to New Year? Feel free to post
You probably need to explain where in the country you are, where you would like to go, your experience and maybe a bit about yourself.....
So, I'm actually in Auckland The where-to-go place have to be planned either north or south, following the possibilities of each one However, I think that going to a beautiful lake or a snowy mountain should be the best
possibilities are endless , many and varied, and may be limited based on your fitnesss and experience. why do people want specific answers? theres too many options to choose from for all over NZ... thats just a lazy question, do some homework first people then come back with questions about information you need on specific areas
So, the goal for now is to climb Aoraki/Mount Cook However, that can be manage following the needs As it looks kind of dangerous I'm looking for somebody who is prepare for heavy rainfall, snow and/or high winds.
"So, the goal for now is to climb Aoraki/Mount Cook " Without knowing your alpine background I'm reluctant to be seen dumping on your goal. But while many people have climbed it; it's NOT a casual climb. Takes detailed planning and some depth of alpine ice, and steep snow experience. Is that where you are at? And certainly I'd never tackle it on my own, nor even with someone else whose own experience I was not sure of. I got up to the Linda twice, but if was ever to go further it would be with a guide or very experienced lead climber.
mt cook is nz's second most deadly mountain.. its only for experienced mountaineers, or with training and a professional guide
Do not forget to bring enough water
Just pop up Mt Cook eh? Judging by your posts I'd recommend you doing the Tongariro crossing and joining the thousands of overseas vistors there.Just leave the jeans and jandals at home.
Contrary to the common idea, Do not forget your jeans you seem to have spend too much time on the mountain side geoff but your experience can be usefull Why are the jandals useless ?

This thread was closed by matthew .

1–10 of 13

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Goodleg
On 22 December 2015
Replies 12
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown