Forums and threads in general

I don't know what others think about this, but.... Is there a special reason for the 'Post to a new thread' button? I've seen several cases where people have used it, but more often than not it's seemed accidental, and after that having two threads with the same subject just gets confusing. Sometimes, I've also seen people very confused about how to start a new thread, and they often post in an existing one when they'd rather not. I'm wondering if it'd be useful to remove the 'Post to a new thread' button from the end of threads, and also add a 'Start New Thread' button to the *top* of each forum, instead of hiding it down at the end of the page. The forums here seem unusual compared with other forums because here, people often use existing threads to post about wildly different things. (eg. The 'in the news' thread probably has at least 4 or 5 unrelated topics through it.) Do people prefer to avoid creating new threads for certain reasons, or is it because it's hard to do at present?
22 comments
11–20 of 22

Well I guess you've worked out I'm very fond of the jpg. files from Freshmap with my hand drawn routes!
I'm too mean with my weight to carry a camera and Frank likes to hold on to his huge file photos...
Hey Honora, apologies for overlooking your Freshmap files in my comment. They are brilliant. So much of this difficult stuff used to be 'word of mouth' and really only accessible to a few in the know.
Cheers, thanks for that. Frank is going to buy a flash GPS this week and we will be putting more of our routes on the web as gpx. files. We'll start with the Tin Range. Linz have deleted the tracks on it from the new range of maps.
1 deleted post from DurceDuedewex
Imagine having such a vacuous life as that of the mall-rat shopaholic. "But we have poisoned everything and oblivious to it all the cell-phone zombies babble through the shopping malls" Joni Mitchell (Bad things are good in the great plan, Shine)
1 deleted post from strider
honara this last post doesnt make sense and is so different to all your other posts. Has your account been "borrowed"
She was responding to spam, which has since been deleted
Spot on, pmcke. I'm surrounded by this crap all day at work by my colleagues so I was indulging in a wee rant to folks that would probably understand.
They've slowed down a bit but unfortunately not stopped....still can't understand what some of them are supposed to be about........and yes I know all about trying to sell some garbage or other, its just that some of them are just plain and simply 'crap'......no other word for them. Sad people who send them.....pity they're still stealing oxygen.......!
re my post "honara this last post doesnt make sense and is so different to all your other posts. Has your account been "borrowed" " I would like to apologize for my post Now I understand
11–20 of 22

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by izogi
On 2 March 2010
Replies 21
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown