BCC Nutritional Data

I'm sure I'm missing something really bone-headed here, but I would appreciate someone explaining to me how the nutrition label on a BCC meal works. Example: Cottage Pie Serves per pack 1 Net Weight: 90g Preparation Add 245 ml water Serving Size: 335 g Nutritional Information Per Serve Per 100g 1851kJ 553kJ 443kcal 132kcal All I'm interested in is the calorie content of this one person serving. Serve size is 90g. 100g of the same stuff = 132 kcal. But this label seems to be suggesting that merely adding 245 ml of water to the 90g serve jacks the payload up to 443kcal. What am I'm missing?
22 comments
11–20 of 22

@ hutchk Every self respecting pub and/or liquor store should sell them! Think you can buy them in some supermarkets too. Individual packs are a small blue bag with a pink cartoon pig's head on the front. Taste all right when you're on the turps, but, not sure how I'd go on them after a day walking - though each to their own!
Countdown. For calories and protein per weight they seem streets ahead of anything else carnivorous.
they'll have chemical perservatives like sulphites or sulphur dioxide in them

This thread branched to "Alternatives to Freeze Dried Meal Packs" on . Explore the branch (30 messages).

more likely sodium nitrate
MSG seems to be the nasty in them.
msg is a strange substance. 90% of the population it has no more effect than normal salt 1% people have a mild definable allergy but the other 9% say they get symptoms and cant have it but the symptoms dont fit the mold. A bit like gluten
Can't tolerate any amount of MSG now... seems the bod has had enough of it. Rarely eat takeaways but a few months ago I bought some Chinese takeaways and within hours I was a mess; headache, itching, rash, sneezing, congestion, wheezing, muscle spasms, shaking... lasted two days. If ingredients are half decent there's no need to use a flavour enhancer.... What 'mould' should the symptoms fit?
"If ingredients are half decent there's no need to use a flavour enhancer.... " There's never a "need" to use a flavour enhancer, just a financial reward. Much the same as sugar really. We live in a system that incentivises the mass-poisoning of people for profit
Agree @Craigo there is never a need to use this stuff. But that was the answer from the takeaways shop; "Better flavour..." which can only mean the flavours of the original ingredients was not acceptable. Many takeaways display signs saying no added MSG but some obviously still want to use it...
msg has glutamine in it, can stimulate neurotransmitters and over stimulate the nervous system... "chinese restaurant syndrome"
11–20 of 22

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Food
Started by Craigo.
On 10 November 2015
Replies 21
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown