Back Country Cuisine on sale

Back Country Cuisine is on available at www.redmoose.co.nz We sell the full range of Back Country Cuisine. Including meal complements, Desserts and Ration packs. If the meal you want is not in stock- then no problems we will get it in for you :) As we know the importance of staying well feed while tramping. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Oh hello chana masala! I need to try that...
Kia Ora Matthew, If you havnt purchased Chana Masala yet or Bobotie meals yet. Then now is the time to stock up! as they are being discontinued by back country cuisine in a couple of months. Available at www.redmoose.co.nz We also stock the range of Outdoor gourmet company meals.
The bobotie is an experience...I can understand why it is being discontinued. The pickle ingredient tasted like chuck to me. I once offered to share my bobotie with someone and they declined, saying they'd rather just eat their share of the unflavoured rice.
@Honora that's not a very good sales pitch for the bobotie one :-)
I had chana masala once it was terrible.
I've found the veggie carbonara and italian pasta flavours to be good. And the deserts work well - I've used the ice-cream and crumbled some afghan biscuits on top to make desert for a group.
My favourite is the Cottage Pie. The Smoked Fish Pie is good too and the Chicken a la King isn't too bad, particularly since they've got rid of those stupid bits of dehydrated bread. I'm restricted to gluten free though. Luckily most of their meals are this. The Venison Risotto doesn't contain soy! What's weird is that some of the meals taste as though they have added lemon zest e.g. the Venison Risotto. The roast dinners seem to be relying more on soy than they should. And the Beef Stroganoff has corn in it which is so wrong. Despite all this and the fact it is horribly overprocessed and full of nasty weird stuff I continue to buy it for the multiday trips as it's very light. I do dehydrate my own meals too or at least supplement theirs with my own dried veges. At least I now use organic dehydrated potato flakes.
I like the spag bol. The cooked breakfast is also good, if somewhat heavy on the sodium.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Buy / sell / exchange
Started by RedMoose
On 22 July 2015
Replies 8
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown