Member blocked

I have just blocked a member permanently for issuing veiled threats to three members via private message. Blocking is always the last recourse, but there is no tolerance for threatening behaviour, as noted here: http://tramper.nz/15753/forums-moderation/ The member in question expressed views that he was being victimised here, and that forum moderation was censorship based on political affiliations. I have no doubt he will take comfort in those views. Nevertheless, they were not the reason he was blocked. Thank you everybody for your tolerance and patience. Please always report threats via private message. I don't check these messages (as they are private), but I can do so if necessary in order to follow up a complaint.
38 comments
31–38 of 38

Thread closed

This thread was closed by matthew.
Personally I'd add, at least mentally, 'criticism of the behaviour of blocked members' to the list of unacceptable practices. Since they are, by definition, denied their right of reply it seems somewhat unfair. Move along, ladies and gentlemen...
To be honest that is a good idea and worthy of a warning at least. We shouldnt be criticizing other members anyway especially unwarranted criticism.
1 deleted post from FrankB
Sorry @frankb. I was not out to condone that sort of behaviour against you or anyone else.
in my opinion that sort of behaviour should be made public, its bullying, bullies thrive on secrecy and don't stand the public limelight. matthew says he wants a family friendly site, we need to take the best course of action to make bullies realise they are going to be outed if they try that behaviour here.
" bullies thrive on secrecy" Good point, Wayno.
Hi everybody, As mentioned, I am working on a moderation model with more transparency in order to address concerns about what's happening behind the scenes. This is a matter of urgency. In this case, the experience has been very unpleasant for myself and no doubt for other members. I expect further issues, and I intend to deal with them very promptly. In regards to the PM posted above, FrankB, I plan to delete it as I don't believe that PMs should be made public outside of a moderation process. I hope you understand. In regards this thread, I feel it would be best to close it off later this evening. Last words, everyone!
I respect that decision Matthew.
Madpom, thats OK Matt, I knew that wasn't what you meant.

This thread was closed by matthew .

31–38 of 38

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 13 July 2015
Replies 37
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown