Updates January 2010

Hi everybody, I have just upgraded the location picker you use when adding information. You can now choose points off a map as well as search. Let me know what you think. Matthew
17 comments
11–17 of 17

MistaB, are you wanting to use WGS84 coords in degrees minutes seconds formatting?
Normclimb, I wouldn't worry about it. You're not the only one. No doubt when you need to know, you'll find out. It doesn't take a genius. Just a need to know.
pmcke: mail should be fixed. A few bugs at the moment. Sorry about the rocky times.
MistaB -- ah you want degrees and decimal minutes? OK...I didn't realise that was a thing. Should be able to sort it out. On images: almost all the image uploaded so far have been photos. I wanted the photos to have their own records so that they can be rendered in different ways. Then they can be embedded into other content as well. I'm considering options on this....
"MistaB, are you wanting to use WGS84 coords in degrees minutes seconds formatting?" Yes please, as used by us geocachers, our coords come in the S42* 17.232 E173* 18.221 format using WGS84. When I come back I generally have all my waypoints in that format due to the fact that, for now at least, most tramps have some geocaching dimension to them. So when I try to enter a new hut or track, and need coords, there's some work involved. I also note my phone's GPS uses WGS84 with decimal minutes - one wonders what "standard" that adheres to.... On images: I understand the approach. I just don't want to dirty the photo database with 20 screen shots that belong to a tutorial just so I can link back to them. It's a minor issue.
MistaB, OK thanks. I'm on holiday at the moment. I'll sort out coords when I get back and think about images.
No need to do anything, on any time table! Great time to take off - the weather seems to be stabilising at last.
11–17 of 17

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 12 January 2010
Replies 16
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown