Together for 3 years in kiwi bush!

1–10 of 18

I am looking for a tramping partner for a walk that will be lasting 3 years. I enjoy walking alone. I walked the Te Araroa trail alone except for the first few weeks. But when I would pitch my tent up in the evenings and eat my hot noodles + cous-cous, I would miss someone to talk about the day with. For my upcoming walk, I am looking for a tramper to join me from start to finish. I know 3 years would be a long time to be walking together. We are both human and our personalities might clash at times but important thing would be to see the job through. Being together on the trail for all that time would be a huge test on our patience, devotion as well as physical endurance… So if this interests you then you need to get in touch. I would like to learn about your tramping past and how you plan to manage supporting yourself for 3 years. Then it will be important that we sit down and work on the route and gear-list. We may even be able to meet and tramp a few trails sometime in May before we start on the expedition. Like me if you are not a kiwi then we may need to apply for our visas together. Tentative dates : July 2015 to mid-2018 For more information please visit: http://900days900huts.info/ .
How about a mixture of people along the way?
I dont think you can get a three year visitors visa just to do recreational activities...
@geeves ... I plan to do it with either one other person or walk alone all the way.. @waynowski Yeah.. I know. I applied twice for a longer period and they gave me 9 months at the most. There is a line on INZ website: "How long can I stay? - The maximum stay under a visitor visa is usually nine months in an 18-month period" The word 'usually' gave me a lot of hope. So I sent a few letters to INZ in New Zealand, replies to which I can not disclose here but I do feel there is a small silver lining for me. .
I doubt that,, if you're not working or studying or investing loads of cash into the economy you're stuffed, seems a bit inflexible to only want one person the whole way given the chances of you finding someone who will be able to go for that long let alone get on with someone you dont really know that well could be slim... i wouldnt walk with someone who has to wear a face mask in their online photos..
Are you intending to visit every hut? If so you will likely find some willing trampers to join you for a few days at a time (but not for 3 years).
Sounds like you need to get yourself a "Wilson".
:-) Wilson would be perfect.... I hear he is a great listener.
"The word 'usually' gave me a lot of hope. So I sent a few letters to INZ in New Zealand, replies to which I can not disclose here but I do feel there is a small silver lining for me." Yep, maybe, or just someone waiting at customs with rubber gloves haha
Excuse my ignorance or maybe it is age catching up with me but what the hell is a "Wilson"? I have never heard the expression before.
1–10 of 18

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by 900days900huts
On 28 February 2015
Replies 17
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown