March 18-22 whangapeka or Lewis pass tramp

Am looking for a tramping partner/s during this short window of opportunity I have off work. March 18- 22 .Prefer something in and around nelson so not doing too much driving, but am flexible. Was thinking of lake Cristobel in Lewis pass , or whangapeka as options but am flexible. Just want to get out and enjoy the last of the fine weather.
Hi I would be interested as I have a similar window.Am living in the Nelson area,,,Lake Cristobel sounds good, Have seen it from above but never tramped there,but came down off the Lewis tops via rough creek
Hey forest, sorry I didn't reply sooner, been away. Yes, let's talk about lake Cristobel loop then. Not sure the best way to communicate to discuss plans. Will await your reply
Hi...Yes I've sent an email to you via this site...hopefully you can pick it up and we can communicate that way cheers!
A great circuit. Watch out for wasp nests at this time of year. I trod in one up there a couple of years ago. We camped on the ridge above Rough Creek by a small tarn and there are other great sites lower down by other tarns. This wouldn't be an option in bad weather.
Here is a good route: Up rough Creek to the tops, along the ridge and down to Lake Christabel. Second day is over the pass into the Upper Robinson Valley, then down valley to Newcombes. The only problem from there is transport out to the road end because it would be a good 25kms from Newcombes to the highway. I've done it as part of a group and it was awesome, a much overlooked route. If you can arrange a car swap at both ends it would certainly be worth a look.
Well CarolB have you disappeared into the either?Responded to your ad. and now nothing

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by CarolB
On 18 February 2015
Replies 6
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown