Tramping Partner for Nov/Dec

I have two hikes planned for November/ Early December and then would like to do a few more. Hilary Trail (Waitakere) - 4 days, 77 km, November 22-23 start. Tongariro, either the Round The Mountain (4-6 days) or the Crossing. Would like to do this around Nov 28, but more flexible. Background on me: I am 25, Male, from USA, moderately experienced and moderately paced hiker. Right now my base pack weight is 9.4kg (most consider this at the low end of medium, high end of light) but I think I can shave it down a bit. I am looking for someone who would be in a similar weight class and moderately paced who would like to do these hikes. I am new to NZ, only been here 7 weeks, so I don't have a lot of knowledge about other tracks, but I am open to suggestions. I don't mind doing these solo but its safer and more fun to go with someone! I also would be interested in hiking with people on Kepler Jan 22nd and Milford Jan 29 (these are already booked). So if you are interested in Hiking these, or even section hiking for just a day with me, shoot me a message! I am flexible so if the dates don't quite work let me know and maybe I can adjust. FYI: I will have no internet access the next 10 days, so if I don't respond, just wait and I will get back to you! Thanks, Vince
Vince, no PM option here yet :) But if you don't mind connecting with 30yrs old Russian connect me via PM on Tripadvisor (andreyt1984) or antikhov (email on) mail.ru I booked Kepler on 20-23. And also have some other hiking plans for Jan. Regards Andrey
I may be interested in the Hillary Trail. I can be in the area at that date. My main concern is that I'd be too unprepared and inexperienced. I might have a better idea of whether or not that is the case in the next week or so. Maybe by that time there will be a PM feature so that I can send you contact information and decide if it's a good idea for me to commit.
Froghat, can't you use another source to exchange the contact information? E.g. Tripadvisor as I've mentioned Or even my email above where obviously (email to) must be changed to @ PS. It's really hard to find a tramping partner without ability to exchange emails securely :))))

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by vfrascello
On 11 November 2014
Replies 3
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown