Updates, 28 August 2014

Hi everybody, I rolled out an update this morning. You may have noticed the new image on the home page, but there are a few other changes. I have added GPX trails to the full screen map. I anticipate using these trails widely (e.g. on tracks) as appropriate. I have changed the format of many URLs on the site for search engine marketing purposes. Search engines pay attention to the content of an URL. and more traffic means a more sustainable website. Note that the old URLs still work as well. As requested, a byline has been added to the top of articles to make clear who the author is.
Every single post i have made without exception has failed. Basically the session expires before ive finsihed typing, and that means you have the session expiration real short, under 5 minutes. Fortunately i just press back, can copy my post, relogin and paste. But this also means theres something screwy with the session handler because it should have prevented caching the form post if it was setup right. Also the process of timing out is inelegant in that you not only silently lose your content, but when you sign in you also lose your place.
Hi, The session expiry was actually 10 minutes, which is lower than I thought it was. I have pushed it up to 30 minutes. In regards caching the form post, I think your browser (Chrome?) is doing that for you. In regards time out handling, I agree. I am considering embedding a single-use key in each form that will log you in again on form submission. Thanks for the feedback. It's really good to hear about frustrations. Matthew

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 28 August 2014
Replies 2
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown