Major update 28 October

Hi everybody, I plan to roll out a large update tomorrow that has been in development since June. Key elements are: * A new look -- modernised. * wider 3-column layout -- designed to 1024 pixels width instead of 800. * Better layout for information pages -- these pages have had a lot of work and are looking far more exciting. * New rendering infrastructure that allows for greater design flexibility (this means more variety). Features NOT included: * support for new Topo50 maps; * better image uploading; * email notification on forums. While the above features are not included, they are important, and I can start working on new features once this roll out is complete. The first priority will be Topo50 support. Please let me know if you strike any problems. Matthew
39 comments
31–39 of 39

Sorry Matthew, here's another issue, probably not a biggie for most people. I was possible to add hyperlinks in comments. This doesn't seem to work now. See the comments section in http://www.tramper.co.nz/?2543
Right, excuse me for popping my head up, but after lurking for some months I have been fired up by the chance to score a titanium spork and joined up ;) In spite of my very limited experience I do happen to have some hut photos for huts that don't yet have one. When i try to add them I tells me I don't have permission to do that. I also visited a hut that doesn't seem to be in the database here. (Asbestos Cottage). Right-o, back down again. Hope that was helpful in some way.
Welcome aboard and we look forward to seeing your photos and please do add that hut. Matthew will no doubt raise his head soon and answer your querry about the permissions. There may be some restriction on new registrations to prevent spam but the whole idea of the thing is that we all contribute and pool our collective knowledge
Pmcke, I needed to stop HTML in comments from rendering as it exposes a risk of cross-site scripting attacks. However, I have modified the comments to display images and activate URLs -- just put the addresses in and leave out any HTML. That page looks a bit better now (it's still a bit scruffy).
Hi MistaB, The problem was that your email address wasn't verified. I've done this. You should be able to add content now. Sorry -- there should have been a message explaining why you couldn't add content. I'll sort this out. As Pmcke says, it's about collective knowledge and everybody has something to add. Welcome. Matthew.
Thanks guys. Looks like I made the next mess. TWO entries for the new hut, and the photo didn't thumbnail. I'll risk another upload but will pre-size it to 1024 wide to be safe :) If I had a "remove hut" option, I'd clean up my own mess, but I'm in your hands once more.
Don't worry about the photos not thumbnailing immediately, that's normal. There is a server process that goes on somewhere and the thumbnails appear the next day. Good idea to resize to 1024 before uploading. Some people have alot of trouble with photos and I havn't. I always resize mine first.
Just noticed that the "Comare Selected revisions" button in the Revision history screen doesn't work.
Pmcke, Comparing revisions is fixed. Thanks for spotting that -- I'd totally overlooked it. Matthew
31–39 of 39

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 28 October 2009
Replies 38
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown