Major update 28 October

1–10 of 39

Hi everybody, I plan to roll out a large update tomorrow that has been in development since June. Key elements are: * A new look -- modernised. * wider 3-column layout -- designed to 1024 pixels width instead of 800. * Better layout for information pages -- these pages have had a lot of work and are looking far more exciting. * New rendering infrastructure that allows for greater design flexibility (this means more variety). Features NOT included: * support for new Topo50 maps; * better image uploading; * email notification on forums. While the above features are not included, they are important, and I can start working on new features once this roll out is complete. The first priority will be Topo50 support. Please let me know if you strike any problems. Matthew
Good luck. We wait with baited breath
Looks Good Matthew. New, yet familiar. Glad to see the "nearby" feature back. Am off tramping for 5 days tomorrow so will have more of a play around when I get back.
Just having a wee looksy now, loving the new pic on the home page!
Well, that went fairly smoothly. I'll be fixing things for the next few days. I am aware of MSIE 6 layout issues, for example. Home page image rotates.
awesome new look mate well done, cheers for the good site
Well done looks good and some excellent new features. Thanks!
Looks very nice!
Awesome update, Matthew. Im loving the new interactive map: its fantastic to be able to zoom in on an area and see all the photos/tracks/huts relavent to that area displayed... very useful!
First time in a week on the site,GREAT update,cool blue wording
1–10 of 39

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 28 October 2009
Replies 38
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown